Shetland Wool Adventures Journal, created and edited by Misa Hay, former editor of 60 North and the Shetland Wool Week Annual, is launching now in celebration of all things Shetland.
A limited collector’s edition – beautifully designed, presented and printed, the magazine features beautiful photography, knitting patterns, walks, interesting stories, interviews, recipes and some personal insights into the lives of the isles’ top knitters and craftspeople. These are just some of the delights awaiting you in this brand new publication. Shetland is a beautiful and inspiring place and the Journal aims to bring a little piece of our magical isles to your home.
By purchasing a copy of the Journal you are supporting Shetland small businesses, creative industries and local tourism.
We are excited to introduce the Shetland Wool Adventures Journal vol.3 which will feature 6 beautiful knitting projects, interesting articles written by Shetland experts, walks, seasonal Shetland recipes, Shetland book reviews, stunning photography and much more.
Shetland Wool Adventures Journal vol.3, includes:
• 164 pages
• 6 knitting patterns, beautifully photographed by Susan Molloy and illustrated Lorna Reid
• An interview with Donna Smith & Garry Jamieson
• Many interesting articles about Shetland wool, knitting, textiles and heritage
• Coastal walks by Gill Nadin
• Seasonal Shetland recipes
• Shetland books review by Hayley Anderton
• An exclusive second chapter of ‘A Fair Isle Nurse’ memoir written by Mona McAlpine that is being published by 60 North Publishing this autumn
Designers featured in this issue: Wilma Malcolmson, Barbara Cheyne, Alison Rendall, Mary Fraser & Amy Fair.